Monday, April 7, 2008

One Shining Moment

Tonight is the final night in the NCAA Tournament. It's actually a big deal in our house. Up until this year Mark and I would fill out separate brackets for the past few years. It is actually fun. I usually play it safe and choose the top teams to make it to the Final Four. Duke is usually a no brainer. The Devils sure surprised me this year and lost in the second round! My days of being a Duke fan go back to the Bobby Hurley, Grant Hill & Christian Laettner days. I will never forget the last second shot Christian Laettner put up against Kentucky which took them to the "Big Dance". My favorite part of the Final Four is actually the end when "One Shining Moment" plays in the background and you see all the highlights from this year in college basketball. I love to see the unbelievable shots and the raw emotion brought out in the players and fans.

I wish every student could have their own "One Shining Moment". Being on a championship team is something I will never forget. OK so I was a cheerleader so what! Cheerleaders are still part of the team. When the buzzer rang and we won it was bitter sweet. I was estatic that we won and sad that this would be my last time being part of a team. At least we the seniors left on a high note and won the first championship for our school! I still have the tape of that game and watch it once in awhile. I only watch one part, the end. I see the faces of my classmates. For that one moment in time we were young, happy and felt like we were on top of the world! I don't know what happened to a lot of them but I would like to remember them as I see them in that old VHS tape.

Jay Hawks win!!!

No comments: