Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Bunco and Other Things

I joined our neighborhood Bunco last fall. I never thought I would do something like this but it turns out it is quite fun and a great way to get to know people in our neighborhood. It's a good group of women. I have also found it useful to scout out babysitters in the neighborhood since a few of the women have teenagers. By the way I actually won money last night at Bunco!

The neighbor next door is building a swing set for his kids. I don't care except that he chose the windiest day of the year yesterday to start on it and the wrapping is all over our "yard". Speaking of the "yard" I have spoken with some landscapers. Mark and I have come to an agreement that most of them are unorganized. I don't know how they manage to keep their businesses alive. When I mention the size of the lot and what I want done then they seem interested. I am tired of these people just trying to get their hands in my pockets. One of the companies called and wanted to speak to Mark. That seems strange since I was the one called and left a message. I guess the "missus" can't make a decision or write checks. We do however have a company lined up to install our sprinkler system, seeding and Invisa Fence (for Quincy not Grant) and will have an actual lawn this summer!

No comments: