Thursday, May 1, 2008

Happy May Day!

Happy May Day everyone! Grant received two baskets today, what a popular little guy. The first one was from the neighbor's kids and the other was from our gym's daycare. I think he ate the entire contents of his basket on the way home in the car. This is one of the "holidays" you never think about until you have children or live in a friendly neighborhood.

I remembemer as a child (5 or 6 years old) our backyard neighbors were elederly but very friendly. They were like the grandparents of the neighborhood. One May Day I remember my mom filling a basket wih candy and a can of beer for the Bishoffs. She told me to ring their door bell and run away. I did what she told me to do and ran as fast as my little legs could take me. Looking back I think how strange it must have looked to see a little girl come up to your porch and deliver a basket with a can of beer! Those were simpiliar times!

Next year I will have to get with "it" and have Grant deliver May Day baskets, minus the beer.

No comments: