Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Road Trip

Last Friday we set out for "The Cities" to watch my niece Lacey receive her Masters Degree. It was well worth getting up at 5AM and making the 3 hour journey to see her walk across the stage. Tears filled my eyes as I remembered her as a little girl with the prettiest golden locks you have ever seen and now she is an accomplished young woman ready to take on the world! Congratulations Lacey, we are all very proud of you!
After graduation we all met up at Buca di Beppo for dinner. This place has amazing food and atmosphere. Mark and I were still talking about the food on the way home on Saturday.
A trip to "The Cities" wouldn't be complete without a trip to the outlet mall on the way home. We all found a few bargains (thank-you Izod store!) and would of stayed longer but it started raining. Mark also enjoyed the mall, so much in fact he said and I quote " We should come back a couple of times a year". Don't think I won't take you up on that! I have to say during all this activity Grant held up very well. He enjoyed running around the campus, slept through part of graduation, ate really well at dinner and didn't mind shopping at the outlet mall. The only setbacks he had were two episodes of diarrhea during graduation (which actually gave us a chance to walk around) and a blister on his feet from too much walking. Not too bad for a toddler with no nap!

1 comment:

Lacey said...

Hi Carla,
I've just discovered your blog. You're such a sweetie. I really did appreciate you, Mark, and Grant making this trip. Thanks again.
See you at Christmas!!
Love you,
Lacey