Friday, May 23, 2008

Spring Fever!

Spring has finally hit our house! Gone are the clusters of Canadian thistle, leafy spurge, dandelions, prairie grass and misc broad leaf weeds! The lot has been graded and replaced with black dirt. The landscaping is finished and it looks fantastic! The project manager was very helpful with picking out plants and curb edging that fit the style of our house and personalities. I love flowers, so we chose alot of different flowering bushes (hydrangeas, pink cheddar, hostas, day lilies and purple passion). The neighbors have given us quite a few compliments on our progress. They are probably happy not to be living across from a weedy lot. Now we are onto the grass and sprinkler system portion next week. I will take pictures this weekend and post them on our webshots page, if you wish to look at our progress.
I also did a little gardening of my own last night. I potted wave petunias to give our house some extra color this summer while the plants are growing. These are so easy to plant. All you need is one per container and after a couple of weeks they turn into a beautiful cascading arrangement of flowers. I was inspired by my "Backyard Living" magazine that I even potted one of their arrangements. This is such a great magazine, it gives you recipe cards for your planters (pictures, diagrams, feeding, sunlight and watering directions). Now lets hope we no longer have frost warnings.
Hope everyone has a great weekend! Drive safe!

No comments: