Friday, July 11, 2008

Happy Birthday to Me!

Yesterday was my birthday. I share a birthday with the following celebrities: Arthur Ashe, Fred Gwynne, David Brinkley, Adolphus Busch (brewer) and of course the "genius" herself Jessica Simpson.I also share it with my Aunt Thersea. Who do you share your birthday with?

I had a great day with Grant. He used the potty without any hassle. We did some shopping and than went to my favorite taco place for lunch. After lunch we came home and had a nap. Susan came over (Mark's mom) to watch Grant while we went to dinner. It was such a treat eating without children no gift was needed! We tried out a new restaurant in town. Not impressed! The food didn't have much flavor and definitely didn't look like the ad in the paper. Since it was my birthday my meal was free (no singing either!). After that we went to Granite City for dessert. We usually don't go to a different place for dessert but we love the chocolate cake here! Very decadent dessert that I only have it once a year, ok maybe twice!

I did get an awesome present from Mark, Grant & Quincy, a set of ladies golf clubs in Candy Apple Red! They are so pretty. These will replace my old starter set. I have a goal to play in a local charity golf scramble in a few years, hopefully these will help!

I may have done a lot of eating on my birthday but it was worth it! I only gained 4 ounces! The golf clubs will help me work it off.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy (belated) birthday. I bet it was so nice to get out without Grant. We don't get to do it enough.

It's funny, so far I've heard from several others that they were not impressed with Up the Creek. Not that it was horrible, it just didn't meet expectations. We were there too a month or so ago. My food was good, but the service was lacking. Plus about 2 minutes after they brought my salad, they brought our main course, which cooled off by the time I ate my salad. So we had server problems (also the disappearing server who doesn't come back even though you're done eating and your drinks are empty).

What problems did you have, or what didn't you like?

Have fun with the golf clubs!