Monday, July 21, 2008

Back From Maddens!

Last week Mark and I were invited up to Maddens for the corporate retreat. He had a presentation before the board of directors and I could tag along and do whatever I wanted.

I met the board of directors, managers and spouses. They are such a fun group and easy to relate and talk to.

One day all the wives piled into two vans and went to Nisswa to do a little shopping. Nisswa is a small resort town with fun little shops. I purchased a beautiful candle holder for our living room. It looks like a honeycomb with olive, brown and gold accents swirled into the paint. The next day we took a pontoon ride around Gull Lake. The homes on this lake are around a "measly" 1 million dollars. The sad part of these homes is that they are only lived in a few weeks out of the year. We did see the homes of Kristi Yamaguchi and the owner of Cub Foods. Kristi's wasn't that impressive but the owner of Cubs was fantastic, I wish I had a picture. That same day I also had a massage at the Panache Spa at Maddens. It was wonderful. The therapist kept saying how stiff I was. You try potty training a child for a few moths and see how stress free and flexible you are!

We also had wonderful meals there. Every meal was fantastic, no complaints. It was nice to eat without Grant for a change.

I did however miss my little guys Grant and Quincy. I missed Grant's endless chatter and the sound of Quincy's paws everywhere we went. It was good to get away for a few days but it is always nice to come back.

No comments: