Monday, June 16, 2008

A Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood!

After 7 days of rain, it has finally cleared up! The sun is actually shining! The flowers smell incredible and the lilacs are in full bloom. My garden on the other hand needs some work. The radishes, carrots, pumpkins and peppers survived. The other stuff I am not so sure about. I see sprouts of things, but I don't know if they are a weed (some sprouts look alot like weeds). I have a feeling some of the seeds drowned in the soil along with the tomato plants. Oh well the tomato plants can be replanted, or maybe I should give the receipt to the graders who were supposed to place soil in the corner of the lot so it wouldn't pond up in that area!

Grant and I also ventured out into the neighborhood today. First we went to the park then we went on a walk. I have to say that I am not very happy when the apartment kids are there. For one thing they are not supervised. Apparently having a cell phone or a Nextel phone (1/2 walkie talkie, 1/2 cell) with you is the same as having a parent with. Every once in awhile you hear someone on the Nextel "checking" up on their kids or telling them "they better come home in one minute". One night we were at the park with our friends and a group of them were there again...not dressed for the weather. It was roughly 60 degrees and they thought this was the perfect time to get out their swimwear. All of a sudden Mark comes over to me and says "I feel like a pervert" apparently one of the girls swimsuit tops came undone, Mark and Andrew were flashed. They were scared they were going to appear on an episode of "To Catch a Predator".

We also enjoyed our walk today. It was so nice to take in the late spring weather walking hand in hand with my little guy. Maybe the two's are going out like a lamb!

No comments: