Saturday, October 23, 2010

Beyond Brilliant Idea!

We have all gone to the store and came home and realised that you forgot to buy the one item that you really need for dinner or a household item of vital importance. You  really need this item and can't cook dinner without it. You have two choices pack the kids up and go through the store again for ONE item or change the dinner menu to brinner or takeout.  What to do?

Another scenario that I come across most often especially in the winter months is that I only need 1-2 items at the most from the grocery store or Target and I don't want to walk/skate through the parking lot that is a total skating rink by early December or face freezing cold temperatures and trying to get myself and two little boys safely inside the store.

I have a solution, how about a drive-up window for 1-3 items maximum! I don't mind packing the boys into the car. It's the actual action of taking both of them through the store without 1. Me losing my mind  2. Remember what I came in there for in the first place without distractions.

It's a win-win situation. The store employees and shoppers wouldn't have to deal with children and the drama that follows children.  The customer would save money by keeping to their short list and not make last minute purchases. I know big box retailers and grocery stores wouldn't like the last part. I have a degree in Apparel/Textiles (emphasis on retail buying) and I know that stores make a large portion of their profit on last minute purchases.

Please retailers (ahem..Target) and grocery stores hear me out on this idea! I know this would be a lifesaver for alot of SAHM 's that I know!

No comments: