Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Goodbye Summer!

Summer is almost gone, the temperature is dropping fast! No morning frost, but with morning temps in the 40's it feels like there should be frost on the ground. I hear the roaring of the school buses and see the lanes full of mini-vans on the road. The best part of fall? The kids are back in school! The neighborhood is quiet. The mall is also quiet and back in the hands of mall walkers and stay-at-home moms.

I will miss the walks with Grant and him holding my hand as we walk down the street. This is the time when the curious little boy likes to point out new objects, walking through yards and having conversations with mom. I will also miss setting up the pool and "lounging" by it as Grant plays and waters the flowers. These are memories that I will play over and over as the snow falls.

As we enter the fall season, a new stage of life is upon us. Grant starts pre-school tomorrow! I can't believe it! I am so excited for him and a little sad that a chapter in our lives is ending.

No comments: