Thursday, September 11, 2008

Gingi What?

Some of you may be wondering what I am doing with my 5 hours of free time a week while Grant is in preschool. I have managed to get most of my house cleaned in about an hour, had our house appraised, grocery shopped and had a gingivectomy Exciting times, I know.

I was a little nervous about the gingivectomy, proably becasue I was reliving in my mind the wisdom teeth surgery and bone grafting just over a year ago. My dentist has been pushing me to get this done for a few months. She thought the tissue would move and settle once my wisom teeth were removed...wrong. It took her 3 years to convice me to have my wisdom teeth removed and only a few months to have tissue removed so I think she is making progress in earning my trust in her.

The gingivectomy was quite painless unless you count the five shots of naovacaine. There was also very little bleeding (thank-you lasers!). I was able to lay there and watch my ladies on The View in somewhat peaceful surroundings and it was over with in less than 30 minutes!

1 comment:

Jaime said...

Just when you think it's safe to go to the dentist they make you watch "The View"!!!